When you enable Equalizer APO to process the audio input from your Motu M-Series audio interface, the audio crackles or glitches.
- Launch Equalizer APO’s Configurator.exe. You can find it by searching “Configurator” in Start.
- Go to the “Capture devices” tab.
- Select “In 1-2“, the Motu input device.
- Enable “Allow silent buffer modification“.
- Close the Configurator and reboot.
Equalizer APO is super useful for changing your microphone’s frequency response or applying VST effects to the audio input system-wide. This picture shows my setup for panning my single mic (left channel only) into dual mono, and then gating out background noise, and then volume equalization using a compressor.