NetSpeedMonitor by Florian Gilles, the only taskbar network throughput monitor that I’m aware of, does not officially support Windows 8 or above. However, it actually runs just fine on Windows 10 with this simple trick:
- Right-click on the .msi installer file.
- Go to Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Click “Change settings for all users”
- Tick “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
- Choose “Previous version of Windows” in the drop-down menu.
- Click OK and run the installer.
Now to run NetSpeedMonitor on startup:
- Go to C:\Program Files\NetSpeedMonitor.
- Right click on nsmc.exe.
- “Send to” “Desktop (create shortcut)”
- Go to Desktop and move the shortcut to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. You can navigate to this quickly by running “shell:startup” in the Run box.