Please read this whole page to make sure you order the correct dongles!
These dongles fit only these following connectors:
|Dongle Style||Floor-Side Receptacle|
(The connector part number is embossed finely on the connector.)
Which dongle(s) does my car need?
Vehicles may vary by trim level and region, so confirm the connectors at your seats before ordering! Email me if the table has any error.
*NOTE: Removing a Front Seat?
“SRS Airbag System Malfunction”: the car doesn’t specify whether it’s the seat you removed, or a real problem with another airbag. Use this dongle to filter out false positives and have the error appear only when there’s an actual malfunction.
Push the connector in, and it self-locks. It can only be pulled out when the female connector’s white tab is pressed. This design prevents accidental disconnections by children, pets, vibrations, etc.
Easy to plug and unplug without any tools. Convenient for those who often remove and reinstall 2nd-row seats.
Heat & UV Resistance
3D-printed from PETG, a tough plastic that endures high temperatures and UV radiation.
- Camper van conversion
- Wheelchair-accessible van conversion
- Cargo/utility van conversion
- Hearse conversion
- Transporting pets
- Moving furniture
- Racing seat installation
- SRS diagnostics
How to Use
- Always disconnect the car battery and wait at least 30 seconds before disconnecting or reconnecting an airbag or airbag-equipped seat.
- Push the airbag emulator dongle into the yellow receptacle meant for the airbag connection, until you hear a click.
- Try tugging on the dongle — it should not pull out easily unless you push or pull the receptacle’s latch mechanism.
- Don’t forget the additional procedures if using for a front seat.
- You are making changes to the SRS airbag system at your own risk. I am not responsible for any injury, death, or loss resulting from improper use. This product should only be used when a seat is removed; not to substitute a missing, malfunctioning or deployed airbag.
- Disconnect the vehicle’s battery and wait at least 30 seconds before unplugging or plugging an airbag.
Made in California, USA; shipping worldwide. See shipping time estimates at the checkout page. Take into account that orders are shipped next-business-day.
International buyers are responsible for any import fees or duties that may apply.
Warranty & Return Policy
|How can I remove the seat carriages or rails?||The process is extremely involved. While the outboard rails are bolted top-down, the inboard rails are bolted from under the floor. I haven't done it myself, but here's Toyota's instructions. An alternative way is to cut the inboard rails and slide the carriage out of the opening.|
|Do I need airbag simulators to remove 3rd row seats?||No, because the 3rd row seats don't contain airbags. The white connectors going to those seats is for the seat belt sensors only.|
|Does it work for [another model]?||Only if your vehicle has the exact same yellow connectors as shown at the top of this page. If in doubt, email to firstname.lastname@example.org:|
• vehicle model & year
• what modification you're doing to the vehicle
• which seat or airbag is being removed
• photos of the connectors
|Will this void my vehicle's warranty?||It depends on your country. Under 15 U.S. Code § 2302 enacted by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, the manufacturer cannot deny warranty service because of a user modification unless they can prove that the mod caused the problem for which the user is demanding repair. For example, Toyota may not refuse warrantying the engine when you've modified the seats, since those are unrelated. Nevertheless, to avoid unnecessary questions from your dealership, consider removing the dongles and putting the seats back when you bring it in.|
|Does the airbag warning mean ALL airbags are not working? Does removing 2nd-row seats also disable front airbags?||Airbag Control Modules are not designed to disable all airbags when some airbags are disconnected. However, since the airbag warning message doesn't specify WHICH airbag is malfunctioning, it's dangerous to assume there is no other airbag problem whenever the warning light is on. Using an airbag simulator for the removed seat filters out these false positives and allows you to detect when there is a real malfunction.|
|Does using this airbag emulator affect my other airbags?||No, because the airbags are connected in parallel to the SRS ECU and activated independently.|